Apr 21, 2014

Precious Water in India

The last time I posted on this blog was on Thanksgiving Day in November 2013.
I was thankful for everything.  I still am feeling so much gratitude. 
In summer 2013 I traveled to India and experienced so many things. It's been almost a year, and I'm still trying to wrap my mind around what I saw, smelled, tasted, and felt in India. 

One thing that made a huge impression on me was how water is a precious resource. Here in the US, we take it for granted. In India, too many people still don't have access to drinking water. I visited schools where toilets are non-existent. It broke my heart to see this. Here are some images I captured in Kolkata. It was hot as hell, and for some people, the only drinking water comes from a community well.
Photo by N. Roberts, July 2013

Thank you for dropping by my blog. My retirement is a mere 9 weeks away, and I am eagerly looking forward to blogging more. 
Namaste.

No comments: