Apr 25, 2014

A book for every spiritual seeker


Two years ago I read Easwaran's translation of The Upanishads. It's the oldest of India's spiritual texts, filled with insightful gems of profound spiritual wisdom. I plan to reread it this summer. It's one of those books that deserves a good rereading.

Anyways, last summer I was blessed with a 5-week tour of India, and met many interesting people. One person I met was a physicist who urged me to read Code Name God by Mani Bhaumik. He told me that author Bhaumik writes how quantum physics goes hand-in-hand with spirituality. 

At first I was hesitant because many years ago I tried to read a book about quantum physics, Dancing Wu Li Masters by Zukav and miserably failed to comprehend it. As a matter of fact, the same book still sits on my shelf, silently taunting me like a smug schoolyard bully. 

Unlike the Dancing Wu Li Masters, I found Bhaumik's book Code Name God delightfully accessible and fun to read. He discusses physics and cosmology, and shares evidence that support his compelling conclusions that religion and science really do meet. 

While reading Code Name God (already a few months ago), I experienced so many "aha" moments because so much of quantum physics reminds me of some of the big ideas found in The Upanishads. 

I can't wait to reread this book by Bhaumik. I hope you will consider reading it, too. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for visiting my blog! 

2 comments:

Sue Brady Ardington said...

Divine

nerima roberts said...

Yes Sue,
This book threw me for a divine loop!
Namaste