Jul 29, 2012

Alone in Hollywood


pic by Nan, Hollywood Beach Florida July 2012

Earlier this month I took my Mr7 on a short trip to Florida. 
First I dropped off Mr7 at his father's house (that was the whole purpose of the trip). Then I drove to this public beach near Fort Lauderdale, called Hollywood Beach. I was there around 5 or 6 in the afternoon and found it delightfully quiet and downright serene.  The picture you see above is a walkway from the parking lot toward the beach. I paused there for a moment and fantasized I was on my private beach behind my house. *sigh* 

pic by Nan, Hollywood Beach Florida July 2012

As you can see, there were very few beach goers there. I laid out my beach towel near two older Spanish women who were obviously sisters. We nodded to each other and they smoked cigarettes and drank home-brewed coffee from a little jar.  

I swam in the water and had to pinch myself a few times because I thought I was in Heaven. I've been to more beautiful beaches elsewhere, but I think I loved this experience because the sun was setting and I was enjoying a cool, wind-blown evening. 
Bliss! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

are you sure it was coffee? lol (wishing I was on a beach now)